European Association Comenius – EACO grants accreditations for BBA, MBA, LL.M., and other professional education study programmes. It follows strategy for high-quality education formulated in Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (EGA), given by European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) in cooperation with European Students’ Union (ESU), European Association of Institutions in Higher Education (EURASHE), and European University Association (EUA).
The EACO Accreditation Standards include 18 criteria divided into two groups that must be followed by any applying institution:
- Education is available to everyone regardless of gender, age, nationality, religion or socio-economic background.
- Admission requirements are clear, understandable and publicly available.
- At least three years of experience in managerial position is a prerequisite for admission.
- The duration of the study is at least one year.
- Study is full-time. There is enough literature provided as a basis for the study. Adequate teaching methods are used in classes, including blended-learning, e-learning, experiential learning, etc.
- Students are assessed during the study based on clear, understandable rules known in advance.
- The study is completed by a thesis defence.
- Thesis requirements are known in advance. The students are familiar with the issues of copyright and plagiarism.
- Students have easy access to academic literature and IT.
II. INSTITUTION & STAFF
- At least 60% of classes are lectured by Associate Professors and Professors. At least one half of lectors are professionals with managerial experience.
- Lectors are hired after transparent selection process with given criteria.
- Up-to-date teaching methods are used by the lectors, especially blended-learning, e-learning, experiential learning, etc. Lectors are able to apply them at a high level.
- Lectors are enabled for further studies, especially in the field of teaching methods and innovation.
- The applying institution supports the link between educational and other creative activities of the teaching staff.
- The applying institution supports international mobility of the students and teaching staff.
- The applying institution regularly collect, evaluates, and uses information for education management, particularly through the methods of direct observation, interviews with students and academic staff, electronic polling, verification of the results of learning, and peer-review.
- The applying institution cooperates with foreign universities, employers, scientific and other institutions.
- The applying institution publishes clear and understandable information about its study programmes and activities for applicants, students, alumni, external partners, and the public.
More information on the accreditation process is available here.